Sunday, February 7, 2010

How should I clean my cast iron skillets after I found mouse droppings in them??

Dish detergent should be fine ... it takes care of anything found in fecal matter ... if you are totally disgusted, use clorox, then dish detergent, then dry and put in the dishwasher on a high temp as it runs on temperatures so hot you can't touch the sponge or the pan without extreme pain and possibly blisters ...How should I clean my cast iron skillets after I found mouse droppings in them??
why in the world would u keep something that had mouse terd on there? i would pitch it..and get a new one.How should I clean my cast iron skillets after I found mouse droppings in them??
True Cast Iron Skillets should be ';seasoned';...........





I would wash them out very quickly because they start to rust immediately when water hits them........so, I would use Dawn Soap and maybe some Ammonia or even a little Clorox in the water, but, never Ammonia %26amp; Clorox together.........





Then I would put Olive Oil back on them and put them in the oven to bake at 300 degree's for a couple of hours............





Then shut your oven off and leave them cool down.........wipe excess oil off and store............
Set traps, wash the skillets. Get rid of the mice before worrying about the pots. The cabinet must be infested with mice.
Soap and hot water should take care of the problem. Then heat it and reseason the skillet with peanut oil.
Hi,





If we are just talking about a few mouse turds and not major filth, I would wash the pan in hot soapy water using a wash rag, not a scrub pad, then dry it, coat the inside with oil then heat it on the stove top until is starts to smoke a bit then let it cool, wipe it out and put it away in a mouse free area. ;-)





This soap and water will remove and gross filth left by the mouse, heating the pan with oil both sterilizes the pan, and restores the season, so you food won't stick to the pan.





Have a great day!


MacChien
Soak it overnight with Dawn dish liquid and a little Clorox. It should be fine. In the morning wash in hot water and Dawn.
boiling water kills most germs, but to be safe add detergent and let soak over night. or use an ultrasonic cleaner . bye!
  • computer virus
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment