Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a big mouse problem at work. Even with a trap, the mouse are not caught. But the droppings are there.?

Where I am working , used to be a warehouse. There were so many cracks and I am still filling them. There are still mouse around and they are not caught in the traps which I set up. I have used many different types, and used either cheese or penaunt butter. The droppings are still there,sometimes very close to the trap, but the mouse is still not caught.


Any suggestions?I have a big mouse problem at work. Even with a trap, the mouse are not caught. But the droppings are there.?
The glue traps are the best, the kind that are just a flat piece of cardboard with the glue on top of them. Put them near where you see their little poops, in corners, along walls. Then you know where they are when the die because they really stink. Don't touch them they can have hauntavirus. I saw one and I put out traps. Before it was all said and done I had caught about 15.





The bait that comes in little yellow squares works well also because you can see when they eat it, and they will eat it.I have a big mouse problem at work. Even with a trap, the mouse are not caught. But the droppings are there.?
Mice are allergic to ';Oil of Peppermint'; and will not frequent a property where they can smell it. Put a few drops on a piece of cotton and place anywhere you see the mouse problem. You will never see them again. Use real ';oil of peppermint';, not the extract kind. They are also repelled by camphor and pine tar, but ';oil of peppermint'; is the best solution.





~~~(O8:%26gt; ...(squeak...let's get outta here!)
If you have one mouse you probably have a dozen and they breed very quickly. Also being a former warehouse that is like mouse heaven. You may want to consult a pest control company for poison pellets as a method for elimination. Not to be considered if you have any domestic animals at work such as cats or dogs as they too would be poisoned. One other option is a sticky plate. It is peanut butter scented and traps the animal with a glue they cannot walk off of. The downside to this method is they do not generally die and you have to drown them, and they will chew their own feet off in order to attempt to escape. I do not envy you as it is a gruesome task no matter what you do. I wish you luck.
sounds like you have new friends.
It's kind of gross, but try using sticky traps. You can buy them at any hardware store, and they are basically a little box with really strong glue in them. The glue has a smell, usually peanut butter, which is quite noticeable. The mice go in, but their feet get stuck, and they cannot get back out.





The fact that you are talking about cheese and peanut butter makes me think you are using spring traps, and those don't work as well as the sticky ones. We were surrounded by open fields at the house where we used to live, and we would get mice often in wintertime, and sometimes in summer, too, if it was really hot. They would come in seeking shelter from extreme weather. I was sitting in the dining room one night, and I kept hearing the traps going off, and in the morning I told my husband he'd have to collect the dead mice and dispose of them, but there wasn't one dead mouse. I guess sometimes they use their paws to get at the bait, rather than hopping on the trap, and if the trap goes off, they don't get hurt.





With sticky traps, you do need to check them every day. You will need to either kill the mice, or release them from the traps a long way from your work. It's kind of hard to get them off, but if you want to not kill them, you can open up the trap, and then pour a bit of cooking oil on their feet and bellies, and usually you can help them get unstuck and they will run off. Alternately, you can kill them (which I have never had the guts to do). Just be sure if you use sticky traps that you check them regularly, because the mice will die if you leave them in there too long, and they smell funky pretty quickly.





I hope this helps!
I've had great success with this trap in my house:





http://veganstore.com/index.html?stocknu鈥?/a>





It鈥檚 also available for $2 cheaper here (although I prefer to buy it from the other place since I鈥檓 not a big fan of PETA):





https://www.petacatalog.org/prodinfo.asp鈥?/a>





I've caught over ten mice with it so far and it can be used over and over indefinitely. Or, you can try making the free homemade humane trap described here:





http://www.helpinganimals.com/wildlife_l鈥?/a>





If you do live trap mice, please be sure to check the traps several times a day and release the mice promptly, approximately a mile away from your home. It is much more cruel to allow a mouse in a live trap to slowly starve to death than to kill it quickly with a snap trap. When you release the mice, do it in an area with some sheltering bushes or plants.





The absolute cruelest traps are glue traps. Mice have been known to gnaw off their own limbs and tear off their skin in an effort to escape, as they starve or dehydrate to death or suffocate in the glue. It can take three to five days for them to die. Poison isn't any better, as the mice die slowly and painfully from internal bleeding. It can take up to a week for them to die, and then they smell as they rot behind your walls.





It doesn't take much extra effort to be kind. You will feel better and so will the mice! Good luck!
Decon sold at grocery and hardware stores. Place opened boxes around the perimeter of the area. Mice eat the blue pellets, become severly dehydrated, die and dry up with no smell.
I use the snap their neck traps and i use cheese or peanut butter. They work for me. Put the traps close to edges. Mice seem to like to follow edges of boards or wall or joists. You get the picture.
rat poison can be purchased in a box with an opening the mice eat it get sick wander outside and die other mice then eat them and die
I fear that until you can close every whole that they can get in and out that you will have the problem. Having just gotten rid of mine, I simply say just a couple glue traps are never enough. Although they do not see as well as humans they can see and avoid just a few traps. I did not get rid of them until I bought a bunch. I had a small counter between my fridge and sink. They would climb the back of the fridge and get water from the sink. I had 4 rows (28 total) of glue traps covering the entire counter. They always got caught in the middle rows.


Also pick more than just 1 spot. They are hunting for food and drink. I used several spots around the house that I found droppings. It seemed like they could jump or walk over 1 or 2 rows of traps. 3 that I caught did not get stuck until after they ate or drank.
You may have some very smart mice or large rats that are too big for mouse traps.





We used glue trays with peanut butter for bait.





The link below shows different traps and how to position them for best results.
glue traps and peanut butter. and keep plugging those holes. get a cat or ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment