Friday, February 12, 2010

I think I have a mouse or rat in my car. I found droppings in the floor. How do I get rid of it?

Most likely it is a mouse. The length of the droppings would be about the size of a grain of rice.





Try using a sticky trap and put a bit of cheese in the middle. A spring trap could cause bleeding on the carpet.I think I have a mouse or rat in my car. I found droppings in the floor. How do I get rid of it?
I had this problem before, and heres what I did.





I went on a trip to Taiwan and a buddy who spose to take care of my car and drive it once in a while never did. So for like five months it just sat outside collecting dust. And some furry animals desided to make it their home.





So anyhow I parked my car out back near the leave burning pit and I opened all the door and windows. I burned some leaves along with wet leaves to create smoke and I smoked the critters out.





My car became rat free and week later the smoke smell was gone too.





Word of caution, don't put your car too close to the fire and don't put the fire anywhere near the fuel tank of the car.





And its better than rat poison cuz it may die somewhere you can't get to and you'd be driving around in one funky car.I think I have a mouse or rat in my car. I found droppings in the floor. How do I get rid of it?
eliminate any food source. vacuum up any crumbs, throw out any food wrappers, etc. they have hav- a-hart traps which catch them so u can take them down the street to the woods somewhere instead of killing them. check them %26amp; make sure theyre closed when not in use. if u just kill them which is inhumane and unecessary, others may still keep coming back. if u find any nesting material place it somewhere far from the car where u would prefer they go. somewhere sheltered cuz the reason they get in the car is for warmth.





usually strong scents such as cayenne pepper, moth balls, or peppermint extract will work because they hate the smell. a new product called fresh cab works too and it's all-natural %26amp; smells nice to humans which is preferable. see links below.





if u look where a past person asked a similar question %26amp; i answered-- the scents are working for him.
I've had great success with this trap in my house and you could easily use it in your car:





http://veganstore.com/index.html?stocknu鈥?/a>





I've caught over ten mice with it so far. Or, you can try making the free homemade humane trap described here:





http://www.helpinganimals.com/wildlife_l鈥?/a>





The website above also has a recipe for homemade mice repellent.





If you do try to live trap the mouse, please be sure to check your trap several times a day and release the mouse promptly, approximately a mile away from your home. It is much more cruel to allow a mouse in a live trap to slowly starve to death than to kill it quickly with a snap trap. Also,if it's cold where you are, put a little bedding (paper towels or cotton balls) inside the trap so the mouse won't freeze to death during the night. When you release the mouse, do it in an area with some sheltering bushes or plants. If you are a kind person, you might also leave a little bird seed or oatmeal for them.





The absolute cruelest traps are glue traps. Please don't use them. Mice have been known to gnaw off their own limbs and tear off their skin in an effort to escape, as they starve or dehydrate to death or suffocate in the glue. Poison isn't any better, as the mice die slowly and painfully from internal bleeding. It can take up to a week for them to die, and they may do so inside your car frame or engine where you can't get to them. Dead mice don't smell very good.





Good luck!
Use D-Con. Which is rat poison. It will keep them out. This poison is a solid that comes in a little box and will be clean for a car.
put a trap on a big piece of newspaper and bait it with something like peanut butter.





do not use poison because you do not want the mouse to climb up behind the dashboard and die there where it is hard to find or get out.
Sticky traps make less of a mess, spring traps kill instantly. Make sure you vacuum out your car once you've caught it and it would be advisable to wear a dust mask due to the possibility of Hunta Virus.
Use rat poison
Glue traps are the best method to trap rats and mice.





I found detailed information at http://www.pests.in
  • computer virus
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment