Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why do my rabbits droppings smell so bad?

I've noticed recently that my male rabbit's droppings smell really bad. Is this normal, or could there be something wrong with him??Why do my rabbits droppings smell so bad?
it's poo what do expect it smelling like rosesWhy do my rabbits droppings smell so bad?
Rabbits droppings can smell for various reasons.





A sudden change in diet causing gassy problems


A stomach bug. Rabbits under 14 weeks of age can get Mucoid Enteritis which should be treated by a vet as soon as the symptoms show.Also if a rabbit has been recently treated with antibiotics,lack of good bacteria in the gut will cause a bad stomach. Rabbits should be treated with probiotics to maintain the gut condition


Or if your rabbit has recently matured the smell could be testostorone.


To stop the testostorone smell get him neutered.
thats not normal.





I kind of like the smell. sometimes i put my rabbit pellets in my pocket so I can take a whiff of them at work.


maybe your bunny is sick
at least better smelling than human's .
  • computer virus
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment