Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Are you aware that the most expensive coffee comes from a cats droppings?

This came up in a discussion I was allowed to witness. It seems there is a rare form of a cat that smells like a skunk in a foreign country that eats coffee beans at a certain maturity time and it's digestive system allows these beans to be processed to a point that they are chosen as the richest source for coffee, like $300 a pound.Are you aware that the most expensive coffee comes from a cats droppings?
Kopi Luwak does exist, is very expensive, and is made from coffee beans passed through the digestive system of an Indonesian animal, but it's more like a cat than a monkey. According to a feature article by the Manila Coffee House, which sells the stuff, the people who harvest the digested beans don't really have to pick through cat litter to get it. The animal processes the beans and excretes them whole, unscratched, and without dung.





The animal is a palm civet, a dark brown tree-dwelling cat-like creature found throughout Southeast Asia. The scientific name is paradoxurus hermaphroditus.Are you aware that the most expensive coffee comes from a cats droppings?
americans get most of their antioxidants from coffee.
I'm glad I don't like coffee
Yes, but the price of that particular coffee isn't going to be of much concern to me. I'm happy enough with Maxwell House.
My son told me something like this. Yuk, unbelievable!
If the Price is not enough of a turn off, this info is certainly going to do it for many. I do have an occasional cup.... and since it is not of any benefit for ones health, I can easily do without it. For that price I would not want it to stain my teeth !
Yes, I knew that. Thanks for the points.
Yes, but I think a better question would be:





Would you drink the said coffee ?





and a follow up being:


Why is no one capitilizing on this. Definitely could see a farm of stinky cats mass producing poop coffee for insane profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment