Friday, February 12, 2010

Bird droppings are ruining my paint, any cheap way to protect it?

My Focus gets nailed every day with bird droppings where I park at work, I've tried other spots but our parking structure is downtown and we only have a few, otherwise I need to walk way too far and I need to be able to park near work for health reasons.





So who knows the top ways to protect the paint of my ride? and cheap because I wash her every other weekend and it's adding up.Bird droppings are ruining my paint, any cheap way to protect it?
cheap wax could help, but I use a car cover to protect against the sun and other gunk and it does the job. I've got some old rides that I keep in show condition so I gotta cover them. Some covers can be a pain and annoying to take on and off but this is what I use on all three rides, inexpensive too:


http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A1516A0A0.aspxBird droppings are ruining my paint, any cheap way to protect it?
Wash the bird droppings off as soon as you get home every day. Use a rag damp with water, and just wash the droppings spots. Be sure to get all the droppings. Wax your car with a good cleaner wax at least every month. You might have luck with a couple of strips of reflective mylar tied to your antenna (this scares birds away if there's a slight breeze.) Or try the plastic horned owl.
Sure it's always the birds fault.
PAM cooking spray works well for keeping love bugs off my paint you may want to give it a try.
Dont park under trees?


A car cover?


Covered parking?





Force field?
Use a high grade wax. Not necessarily cheap, but cheaper than a new paint job. Clean it off as soon as possible, and use a car cover if it is a major problem. Again, not necessarily cheap! Are you parking under a tree or a powerline?
Are the birds in trees or on buildings over/around your car? Are they pigeons? You can buy a cheap owl ';scare-pigeon'; from home depot or that kind of place to scare off the birds. You can put it on your car or ask the business owners to install it on their building. If they won't, then tell them you will have to report them to the city as a public nusaince and charge them for the repairs of your car.
A car cover.
we have the same problem, we park under a tree . i would wash it every other day, because there is acid in the birds crap that will eat your paint. or you could buy a car cover. good luck!
a pellet gun- and FUN too.

No comments:

Post a Comment