Friday, February 12, 2010

I've found rat droppings in the cellar, is this dangerous?

I think I have rats in the cellar. My girlfriend and I rarely go down there, but I'm worried it is dangerous. We have water pipes down there, could they contaminate our water?? What would the symptoms of any disease be? I live in London by the way. Thank you!I've found rat droppings in the cellar, is this dangerous?
You should look online to check on diseases wild rats can transmit. This area is more for pet ratties, I can tell you all about a domestic rat. I know that the only disease that can be passed from human to rat is strep, but when you are talking about a wild rat, they get into trash and sewers, so are obviously carrying other nasty things that may make you sick. I doubt they contaminate your water supply, but if you are truly worried hire an exterminator. Just make sure they don't use glue traps.. those are very cruel.I've found rat droppings in the cellar, is this dangerous?
Well rats apparantly carry disease and they can also grow to be quite huge so you might want to get rid of them.....(although I don't really agree with killing them cause they're so cute).





But hey ho, maybe you should get a cat? If not then yeah, just google pest control in london and u shud be able to find a few places that could help.
Unlikely to gnaw through pipes unless they are plastic and this will lead to flooding. They can chew through electrical cable insulation which often zaps them but can also cause fires. You should contact local environmental health officer for advice.
Just means you got rats.
get some rat poison trays or powder packs and get rid of them, or call the local council for them to set bait
they might chew through any cables you have down their

No comments:

Post a Comment