Friday, February 5, 2010

What does paint look like that is chipping due to environmental factors such as bird droppings?

I have some paint chipping on the trunk of my car and the manufacturer told me the paint is chipping due to environmental factors such as bird droppings or tree sap. From looking at the paint, I completely disagree. The area of effected area seems to be too large to be bird droppings unless it was a whole flock that hit the one spot of my car and nowhere else. It also would be too small for it to be acid rain or tree sap because if it was either of those, i would think a majority of the car would be effected. The paint is chipping in small circles and you can see crackings in the paint as well. Can someone who may know a little on this topic please help me. I am trying to determine if this is environmental or a manufacturer's defect (which I believe it to be).





Thank you very much.What does paint look like that is chipping due to environmental factors such as bird droppings?
Hi. I suggest taking it to a local Auto Body shop. They have experience in identifying this kind of problem. Tell them what the manufacture is telling you, and why you doubt it. At the body shop I work at we had a book with pictures of different paint defects and what they look like, matched with what could cause them maybe they would have something like that, or at least give you some expert advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment