Friday, February 5, 2010

My balcony is littered with bird droppings. Should the apartment complex take care of the birds on the roof?

It's my first apartment and I feel stupid contacting maintenance if it is not their responsibility but there is a nest or something on my roof and my balcony is completely covered in bird droppings. Is it their responsibility to do something about this or do we just chalk it up to living with nature?My balcony is littered with bird droppings. Should the apartment complex take care of the birds on the roof?
As a possible health hazard I would hope the apartment complex management would take care of this situation for you. Talk to you neighbors to see if the are having the same issues. Then, with several people go to the management office and see if they will do anything for you. If they do not you can ask them if they will either split the cost of ';bird proofing'; your building, or if its bad enough you and your neighbors can pay for it yourselves. But this can be expensive. But expect to run into resistance either way.


On the extreme side if management does not take care of the issue you can always report them to your local health department.


Below is a link that explains some of the health risks of bird droppings. Just my 2 cents.My balcony is littered with bird droppings. Should the apartment complex take care of the birds on the roof?
I'd ask neighbors and the management team in just sort of an exploratory manner...to get a feel for how others are handling the issue...learn to landscape before you decide what is the best way to handle the problem...
the manager should be responsible for health reasons
  • grey hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment