Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can bat feces look identical to mouse droppings?

I discovered what I thought were mouse droppings lying directly below a shuttered window on my house. After I poked and prodded the ';mouse'; behind the shutter, using a coat hanger, out flew a bat. Is it normal for a bat to be solitary? And were those bat droppings? Or do I have a mouse problem, too?Can bat feces look identical to mouse droppings?
Eeeeeek!Can bat feces look identical to mouse droppings?
bat droppings looks more like bird droppings
You have a very unhealthy problem if it is bat droppings or mouse droppings to that extent by your house. My best guess would be bat droppings. Bats are good to keep insects down but their droppings are very unhealthy to humans. I would go into greater detail of nightmare stories of how they have affected peoples health that I know but you don't want to hear them. Get an exterminator or find out how to get them removed as soon as you can and clean up all droppings and dispose of them.
Bat droppings do not look like mouse droppings at all. Sounds like you've got a mice problem. Bats usually live in shudders in bid groups. Not usually 1 or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment